23, Sydney AU


mailtojessicayun@gmail.com

In my experience, moments of joy tend to die on the examination table. Kurt Vonnegut liked to say, “I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.” I think the opposite is true. Notice when you’re sad, and dive in and wallow and examine it and pick it apart with forceps and calipers. The sadness will lose its vitality and harden over time into something benign and foreign, like an emotional fossil.
(source here)

I do feel as though my current 'sadness' feels a bit detached - and now I know why - precisely because I know why I feel this way. It's not a coincidence that I stumbled across this!

Have a good night everyone. It is raining outside my window but I am cozy in bed. And looking forward to brighter, happier tomorrows :)

Labels: , , , ,


8.1.14 with 0 comments
❮ Newer Post © 2016 JESTH.BLOGSPOT.COM · BLOG DESIGN BY Chocolettha · TFN · GWF Older Post ❯